Big news! 5′-4″ finally has it’s own brand-spanking-new home! It’s still in the works, but that’s half the fun! Come on over!
Filed under: everyday, lists | Tags: design, lists, organization, swissmiss, to do
Loving this new collaboration between swissmiss and her studio partner Fictive Kin– a simple browser-based to-do app. I especially like the ‘someday’ section, perfect for downloading lofty ideas. Signing up is definitely on my teux deux list.
Two girls, one with a camera and one with a pen.
image & recipe via Big City, Little Kitchen
This would be fabulous right now for my chilly hands. [thanks mei]
- 1 cup whole milk (feel free to substitute skim, rice, almond, etc)
- 3 tb Nutella or other chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp high-quality cocoa powder
- 1 or more marshmallows
- pinch of espresso powder (optional)
In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan over a low flame, whisk together the milk, Nutella, cocoa powder, and espresso (if using). Add cinnamon stick. Simmer for about 5 minutes, to allow flavors to meld.
Filed under: everyday | Tags: artist, cassettes, hollis brown thornton, marker, vhs
incredible marker drawings. reminiscing about old cassettes of my own… firehouse anyone?
Semi-messy bun, inspired by the a post on A Cup of Jo. Hers is French, mine is Polish? Also, I took this photo myself. I must have double jointed elbows or something.
Filed under: everyday, lists | Tags: ankle boots, happies, knitting, pilates, shoes, shopping, sigg
- these new boots + patterned tights + skirts
- oldies station (104.3 chicago, via itunes)
- knitting + catching a good movie on tv (almost famous)
- actually making it to yoga class unexpected traffic = pilates at home instead
- waking up at 6-6:30 am all week (putting the alarm across the room has shortened snooze times considerably)
- replacement sigg bottles out for delivery (finally!)
- 4 day weeks + 3 day adventures!